Promote narrative, opinion, and informational writing with Valentine’s Day Writing Activities!
Included in the Valentine’s Day Writing Activities are three writing activities. Each activity contains a series of questions that help students develop their story ideas. Templates are included for drafts and good copies. In addition, there is a set of templates with primary lines and with regular lines.
The purpose of the Valentine’s Day Writing Activities package is to develop student’s narrative, informative, and opinion writing skills. Choose one or more of these activities to use with your students:
- Flowers or Chocolates is an opinion writing activity. Students state whether they like flowers or chocolates better and then give reasons for their choice.
- A Mystery Basket is a narrative writing activity. Students imagine that a basket is delivered to their doorstop. There is no card. They write a story about the basket.
- The Perfect Valentine’s Day is an informative writing activity. Students provide details to plan the perfect valentine’s day.
Use the Valentine’s Day Writing Activities:
- as part of your regular writing program,
- as a writing center activity, and/or
- to give students a choice of activity.
Until next time,