Are you looking for a Thanksgiving writing idea that supports the different learning needs of the students in your classroom? Use tiered Thanksgiving acrostic poems to support your students.
What is an acrostic poem?
An acrostic poem is a type of poem where the first letters in each line spell a word. The lines of the poem all relate to the word.
Why use acrostic poems with your students?
Use acrostic poems with yours students during a poetry unit. Students apply their knowledge of a subject in their poem. They have the opportunity to use related vocabulary words.
How do I tier acrostic poems?
Set different expectations for the different students in your class. Students can write words, phrases, or sentences that begin with each letter in the word. Students who struggle with writing output can list a word or phrase that starts wth each letter. You may ask other students to come up with an entire sentence related to the topic and that starts with the given letter.
Directions for Thanksgiving Acrostic Poem:
- Brainstorm different words related to Thanksgiving for students to use as a reference.
- Provide students with a blank piece of paper or an acrostic poem template that matches their individual learning needs.
- Students write a word, phrase, or sentence that begins with each letter of the word Thanksgiving.
- When students are finished writing, they can illustrate their poem.
Would you like more Thanksgiving acrostic poems?
If you would like additional Thanksgiving acrostic poems? Check out Thanksgiving Acrostic Poems. Templates are available for the words pie, family, pumpkin, thankful, apple pie, tradition, cornucopia, and Thanksgiving.
Other Thanksgiving Products:
- Thanksgiving Journal: 25 Journal Writing Prompts
- Thanksgiving Tiered Vocabulary Booklets
- Thanksgiving Acrostic Poems: Tiered Writing Templates
- Thanksgiving Graphing Activities
Until next time,