How do you assess students during a plants unit? One of my favourite strategies during a unit of study, is to use exit cards. There are easy to use and students can complete before they leave the classroom.
Use Exit Cards as Formative Assessment
Before students leave class, have them fill out an exit card based on the activities or learning that occurred during the lesson. Your exit card questions or tasks may be used to find out specific details about learning or general information that you can use to plan instruction. Sample exit card tasks may include asking students to:
- list the needs of plants,
- draw a picture of a plant and label the different parts, or
- write two questions they have about plants.
Please take a minute and answer the following question in the comment section below: “How do you formatively assess students during a plants unit?” Thanks!
Next Article: 21 Plant Teaching Ideas and Add to the Link Up
- Plants Part 1: How to Introduce a Plants Unit to Your Students
- Plants Part 2: 3 Ways to Teach Students About Plant Vocabulary
- Plants Part 3: 5 Ways to Promote Writing During a Plants Unit
- Plants Part 5: 21 Plant Teaching Ideas and Add to the Link Up
Until next time,