Are you looking for ways to integrate writing into your habitat unit? Check out these five different writing activities that encourage students to write and explore their learning about habitats. Don’t forget to DOWNLOAD the activity sheets to use with each of the different writing activities!
2. Animal Journal: Have each student choose an animal. Encourage students to choose animals from different habitats. Throughout the unit, ask students to make entries into their journals from the point of view of the animal they have chosen.
3. Learning Log: As students take part in different activities during their habitat unit, have them write things they learn, questions they have, or interesting information they gather in a learning log. Download the following templates to create a Habitat Learning Log for your students.
4. Journal Prompts: Provide students with journal prompts. Students use the information they have gained during the habitat unit to create their journal entries. Below are two journal prompts you can give your students. For additional journal prompts, check out Habitat Journal: 25 Journal Writing Templates.
5. New Animal Discovery Poster: Give each student a copy of the new animal discovery poster. Print off on 11 x 17 paper to create the posters. Encourage students to use the information they have gained about habitats to describe the new animal they have discovered!
- Habitat Hot Seat Questions Freebie
- Habitat What I Know Templates Freebie
- Habitat Entry and Exit Cards Freebie
Your Input Please!
Please take a minute and answer the following question in the comment section below: “How do you use writing during a study of habits?” Thanks!
Next Article: How Can You Assess Students in a Habitat Unit
- Habitats Part 1: How to Introduce Your Students to a Unit on Habitats
- Habitats Part 2: How to Promote a Student’s Habitat Vocabulary Development
- Habitats Part 4: How Can You Assess Students in a Habitat Unit
- Habitats Part 5: Habitat Resources and a LinkUp
Have you signed up for the Teaching With a Touch of Honey Newsletter yet? If you haven’t, simply CLICK on the image below to sign up and receive your free copy of Seven Steps of Goal Setting: Posters, Trading Cards, and Bookmarks. In addition to this goal setting package, you will receive weekly freebies, exclusive discounts, special offers, and new product updates.
Until next time,