I am always looking for ideas to develop vocabulary. Students are more successful when they know the vocabulary of the topic they are studying. Are you looking for ideas to teach students about Earth Day vocabulary? Try using ABC brainstorming, a Vocabulary Match centre activity, and word wall words. Download your freebies below!
Three Earth Day Vocabulary Activities
1. ABC Brainstorming – As a class, brainstorm words related to Earth Day that start with each letter of the alphabet. CLICK on the image to DOWNLOAD your copy of the Earth Day alphabet brainstorming posters. Copy on 11 x 17 paper and post around the classroom. Students can write words or draw pictures that begin with each letter.
2. Vocabulary Match Centre Activity – Use a match activity in your learning centre. Students can match up the words with their definitions. Simply CLICK on the image to DOWNLOAD your Earth Day centre activity.
3. Word Wall Words – Post words related to Earth Day on your word wall. Encourage students to use the words in their writing. Consider studying a new “Earth Day” word each morning. CLICK to DOWNLOAD your copy of the Earth Day word wall words.
Looking for a way for students to practice using their Earth Day vocabulary? Check out Earth Journal: 25 Journal Writing Prompts.
Please take a minute and answer the following question in the comment section below: “What strategies do you use to teach your students about Earth Day vocabulary?” Thanks!
Next Article: How to Use Journals With Earth Day Activities
- Earth Day Part 2: How To Use Journals With Earth Day Activities
- Earth Day Part 3: 5 Quick and Easy Earth Day Anchor Activities For Primary Students
- Earth Day Part 4: How To Use Letter Writing to Promote Earth Day
- Earth Day Part 5: 21 Earth Day Teaching Ideas and Add to the Link Up
Until next time,